Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Operating System: All
I recently had to enhance SimpleLogger by back-porting some functionalities of commons-logging's SimpleLog into it.
Namely, I have added the following:
- optional configuration file; if none found, you get the exact same set of features as the currently released SimpleLogger.
- enable to log more than the info log level
- enable to set different log levels for different Loggers
- enable to show/hide thread name
- very primitive log messages customisation (about the same as commons-logging)
Once again, the new code is totally compatible in behaviour and output with the currently released SimpleLogger.
I also made it so that current users of commons-logging can upgrade to SLF4J very easily.
Finally, I made sure to keep SimpleLogger as simple as possible: we already have fully-fledged logging frameworks, let's not re-invent one!
I think this new implementation would enhance the value of SLF4J, while keeping a perfect retro-compatibility with previous versions.